Residents of Wyoming are permitted to file for a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy without the help of a bankruptcy attorney. This is called filing pro se, however, it isn’t advisable to do so as our Wyoming bankruptcy lawyers can provide you with useful as well as helpful information that can assist you throughout the entire bankruptcy process.
Some ways in which a Wyoming bankruptcy lawyer can help you include:
- Advise you as to whether you should file a bankruptcy petition.
- Help you decide which chapter you want to file, whether it be a Chapter 7 or 13.
- Advise you as to which debts can be discharged and which debts are non- dischargeable.
- Explain which assets you are able to keep and which assets your creditors can come after.
- Review with you the tax consequences that result from filing for bankruptcy.
- Explain the most important laws regarding bankruptcy and the procedures you may be required to follow in order to file.
- Assist you in completing the required forms and getting them filed.
The above information is provided by the United States Courts and reflect the many ways in which a lawyer specializing in bankruptcy law can help you.
If you elect to file for bankruptcy on your own without legal representation, you are expected to be aware of the United States Bankruptcy Code and all the other laws and rules that apply to your case. Because this can become rather confusing and even overwhelming, we suggest you speak with one of the recommended bankruptcy attorneys on our site who can help you with everything that encompasses the bankruptcy process.
Here at USAttorneys.com, we provide you with the free service of finding and retaining some of the best bankruptcy attorneys in the state of Wyoming. Our lawyers recommended on our site not only have the years to prove they have what it takes to help you, but are highly regarded by many in the field. All you have to do to begin receiving the help you need is give us a call and speak with one of our agents. You can even submit a contact information form right here directly through out site.
Credit Repair Companies in Wyoming
After declaring bankruptcy, you can expect to see your credit score plummet a bit. While it may take some time before you see your credit score increase again, you can look into hiring a reliable credit repair company who can help possibly speed up this process. Some companies are provided below based on Google’s search results as well as recommendations provided by Huffington Post.
- Zinu Credit Repair
109 E 17th St, Suite 63
Cheyenne, WY 82001
- Sky Blue
- Credit Rx America Credit Repair
- The Credit People
There are many benefits that can come along with filing for bankruptcy as well as some cons. The best way to become informed on what these all are is to schedule your free consultation now with one of our reputable Wyoming bankruptcy attorneys today and allow them to provide you with the guidance and advice that you might be looking for.