Are you considering filing for a discharge in bankruptcy?
A discharge in bankruptcy means:
- The debtor is released from personal liability for specified types of debts.
- The debtor is no longer legally required to pay any debs that have been discharged.
- A discharge, or dismissal, is a permanent order that prohibits creditors from taking any form of collection action against the debtor.
- The creditor is prohibited from taking legal action against the debtor through telephone calls, letters, and personal contacts.
While a discharge in bankruptcy protects a debtor from having to pay any money they have been relieved of, the United States Courts acknowledges that it doesn’t prohibit a creditor to enforce a lean that has not been avoided in the bankruptcy case.
If you are going through a difficult time right now and believe filing for bankruptcy might be an option for you, give us a call at USAttorneys.com first so we can connect you with a knowledgeable Oklahoma bankruptcy lawyer in your city. Our highly qualified and skilled attorneys may be able to assist you with your decision and give you all the information you are going to need.
How can an Oregon bankruptcy lawyer help me?
- Explain what bankruptcy is.
- Help you decide whether you should file for bankruptcy under Chapter 7, 11, or 13.
- Share with you ways you can avoid bankruptcy.
- Initiate the bankruptcy process.
- Assist you throughout the entire process, from start to finish.
Considering seeking help from a financial advisor in Oregon?
While you may be considering filing for bankruptcy, it is important to be aware of all your options and what you can do before electing to follow through with the process. While bankruptcy can benefit many, it also can affect your credit in a negative way. Sometimes, individuals who fall behind on credit card bills, loans, and even their mortgage simply need some counseling from a financial adviser.
If you are considering seeking help from a professional who may be able to provide you with advice on how to get out of the financial slump you are in, below is a list of financial counselors located in some of the major cities located in the state of Oregon. These listings are provided on behalf of Google and are only some of the many that are available to provide you with this type of service.
Financial advisors in Portland, Oregon
Columbia Financial Advisors
720 SW Washington St # 650, Portland, OR 97205
Johnstone Financial Advisors
334 3rd St, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Evergreen Financial Advisors
Lincoln Tower, 10260 SW Greenburg Rd # 300, Portland, OR 97223
CLS Financial Advisor
9700 SW Capitol Hwy #285, Portland, OR 97219
Financial counselors in Salem, OR
Brady Financial Planners
195 Owens St S, Salem, OR 97302
TRUE Private Wealth Advisors
388 State St #1000, Salem, OR 97301
Great Oak Financial Group
3468 Liberty Rd S and 864 Promontory Pl SE, Salem, OR 97302
James O Sturdivant-Ameriprise Financial Services
195 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97301
Journey Tree Financial Planning and Investments
Citizen’s Building, 975 Oak St #785, Eugene, OR 97401
Consumer Credit Counseling Services
149 W 12th Ave #100, Eugene, OR 97401
Edward Jones Financial Advisor
23 E Powell Blvd, Gresham, OR 97030
Cascade Wealth Advisor
1700 NW Civic Dr. #330, Gresham, OR 97030